Skip to main content
Students home
All Souls Chapel, the original chapel at Cedar Grove Cemetery, was designed and constructed in 1850 by Brother Francis Xavier. Brother Francis was among the original band of faithful to accompany Fr. Sorin on his journey to America. A skilled carpenter and self-taught architect, Brother Francis contributed to the design of many of the 19th century buildings found on campus. In addition to its pastoral purpose, All Souls Chapel has served as a mortuary, carpenter shop, and office.<ul class="links"> <li><a href="">Website</a></li> </ul>