Skip to main content
Guests home
<img src="" al="Log Chapel"><p>This intimate lakeside worship space is used regularly for Masses and it serves as a reminder of Notre Dame’s earliest days. The original was destroyed by fire. The current Log Chapel is a replica of the one built by Rev. Stephen Badin in 1831 as a missionary headquarters for northern Indiana. That chapel became the first building of the University of Notre Dame when Father Sorin and his companions moved in in 1842. They lived on the first floor and the chapel was in the attic. </p><ul class="links"> <li><a href="">Virtual Tour</a></li> </ul>