Skip to main content
Guests homeHistory of ND home
Tour Detail
Old College
Built in 1843 by the Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C. and the rest of the Holy Cross brothers, Old College is the oldest remaining building on campus. This simple brick building once housed dormitories for students, Holy Cross priests and brothers as well as a classroom, clothing room, bakery, and dining hall. Now the undergraduate seminary for the Indiana province of the Congregation of Holy Cross priests, Old College is home to men pursuing their undergraduate degrees while discerning a call to religious life.